A honeymoon might seem like an extravagant fantasy vacation, but it’s actually a very valuable, much-needed time away after your big wedding day. Travelling with the person you love is the best way to take a break from your everyday life, while amplifying your passion.
Here are Serendipity Travel’s suggestions of the perfect honeymoon destinations:
- Bali: For couples who love nature, healthy food and creativity. This tranquil destination will make you feel as though you are the only ones left in the world.
- Italy: A unique paradise hidden between the mountains and the Mediterranean Sea. It’s an endlessly romantic place filled with decadent food and picturesque landmarks that will remain in your memories like a dream.
- The Maldives: Known as one of the most romantic archipelagos in the world, the Maldives is the ideal place to honeymoon with the one you love. Enjoy white sandy beaches and admire the rich biodiversity of marine life in the crystal clear blue sea.
- Greece: Oppa! Celebrate married life with a scenic walk along one of the many stunning trails, or watch the mesmerising sunset as you sip fine wine and indulge in delicious local food. Greece truly has an irresistible appeal for romance.
- France: Talking about the most romantic destinations, this is probably the most obvious one! No one can deny that Paris is the city of love, so why not celebrate under the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower? Enjoy buttery croissants and crispy baguettes, or take a cultural trip to the Louvre Museum, as you celebrate love with your significant other.
UMNGAZI HOTEL & SPA
The magical Umngazi Hotel & Spa is a hidden gem on the Wild Coast – South Africa’s most spectacular and yet, least touristy region – with its rocky coastline, indigenous forests, secluded coves and many river mouths. Umngazi has all of this natural beauty on its doorstep, as well as being an award-winning resort and spa.
The thatch-roofed accommodation at the resort is perfectly situated amongst the indigenous gardens which provide the ideal setting for a totally relaxed and unforgettable honeymoon.
Umngazi orchestrates unforgettable romantic honeymoons and has earned a reputation as one of South Africa’s premier romantic destinations. Special Honeymoon Bungalows have been designed to provide privacy and added pampering, while our spectacular spa provides idyllic romantic treatments for two. The dedicated and experienced therapists use imported and locally-made body products to ensure guests leave feeling relaxed, pampered and rejuvenated.
Weekly fly-in packages are available Friday to Friday from Virginia Airport in Durban, where you will fly at 500 feet above sea level along the beautiful coastline – a wonderful way to start your honeymoon.
The Celebrating Togetherness package, which is available out of season, offers value-for-money three or five day stays at Umngazi. The package cost includes the accommodation, three meals per day and a private dinner in the Gazebo or Green Door Cellar, a couple’s spa treatment and gift, a bottle of bubbles with a snack hamper and a romantic river cruise.
During the out of season periods, Umngazi is able to create intimate and memorable weddings for up to 50 people. The bride and groom can either exchange vows on the riverfront with panoramic views of the surrounding maintains, Xhosa huts and setting sun, or choose to say “I do” on a stretch of the unspoiled, eye-catching coastline, unique to South Africa.